Painfully researched investigations, good old fashion ball busting, fine Italian ladies footwear, Jessica's toes, and of course fart jokes.
March 5, 2013 4:14 pm
LAUDERDALE LAKES --
I thought a quick timeline, a historical perspective covering the last 15 months investigating Lauderdale Lakes, a “How we got where we are” was in order.
Ready? Set! GO!
- November 2011 we arrive on scene, and for the next couple of months, we fire in a flurry of public record requests.
- The city responds to those requests, also known as Jon Allen‘s “pay to play” with ridiculous fees and charges ($750 to review personnel files).
- The city opines “we’re just a blogger, so no worries.” We, however, knew we had them dead to rights.
- February 2012 Allen’s Dad, Daddy Allen, sends Larry Tibbs and I the famous “cease and desist.” Our response was “eat me.”
- Winter 2012: The OIG report blasts Allen for “felony bid splitting.” MAOS files a criminal complaint with the Broward State Attorney’s Office using this report as its basis.
- Spring-Fall 2012: The MAOS deep dives into the city’s numbers, finding fault left and right. We document our claims, raise awareness, and await for the other shoe to fall.
- Winter 2012: The other shoe falls. Broward Commissioners Stacy Ritter and Marty Kiar reach out to Sen. Joe Abruzzo requesting an extensive audit of Lauderdale Lakes.
- Abruzzo, in a call to me, indicates “he’s all in”, however the audit request needs to come from a Broward State Rep. or Sen.
- Winter 2013: We reach out to Sen. Jeremy Ring, who nearly instantaneously responds to our request, sends Abruzzo a letter asking for the audit.
- MAOS learns Gov. Rick Scott joins in the melee, farming the audit out to a private firm.
County commissioners, high ranking State Senators, and the Governor of our State all believing in MAOS. Not too bad for a fucking blogger, eh? For those in the audience that thought our Allen West / Secretary of HUD connection was a one-off, think again.
Painfully researched investigations, good old fashion ball busting, fine Italian ladies footwear, Jessica’s toes, and of course fart jokes.
I heart MAOS.•••
The strength of MAOS comes from our community of ass-kicking, ball-busting activists. Please, chip in to help us expand the reach of our activist base by building the next generation media and organizing platform.
MAOS is a very costly and resource intensive operation. Our staff contributes hundreds of hours per month, digging into stories that other news sources find too difficult. We search for tales with "moral clarity." Our team strives to make our community a better place, for all that live here.
Contributions to MAOS are not tax deductible for federal income tax purposes. Donations are securely processed thru PayPal and will remain anonymous.
If you're reading, chances are we helped clean up your community. Now show your appreciation, or you'll go to hell.
We value your privacy and anonymity. We'll never disclose, share, or sell your information.
Portions may be copyright © 2013 Chaz Stevens. All rights reserved. MAOS is a sponsored blog.