March 7, 2013 10:07 am
CHAZ STEVENS --
Here’s an assortment of thoughts percolating in our brain case.
- When you hear a story about cheating on the sergeant’s test, an embattled police chief, and wasteful spending of forfeiture funds, I bet you immediately think Cpl. Doug McWhiteBread, Michael Mann, and the Coconut Creek Police Department. Ding ding wrong. This time, the story is about the US DOJ OIG’s investigation of Bal Harbour. Check out the Miami Herald story.
- By the way, the gent leading the DOJ investigation is a fellow by the name of Matt McCloskey. If that name sounds familiar to MAOS readers, it should as McCloskey helped us nail Pastor Anthony Davis — to the tune of $50,000 in fines.
- Rest assured generic Coconut Creek resident, if I find funky business with the CCPD forfeiture funds, I’ve got McCloskey’s phone number and I guarantee he’ll take my call.
- Is it me or does Bob Norman‘s delivery remind you of Capt’n Kirk? We… Can’t….. Find…. More……. Power… Now..
- How many people were amazed to learn that Al Capellini‘s business has space in the very same building he stands accused of illegally approving? Optics anyone?
- Mayor Peggy Noland‘s people were out in force this AM.
- No sign of folks supporting Jean UpRobbsCreek. Though, to be fair, I didn’t look under any rocks.
- Thanks Judge about the tip about Atlantic Marcite, seems you got lucky as that firm is blasted on the BBB.
- We’ve come to realize our amazing rescue
horsedoggie, Boze, was probably beaten sometime in the past. How sad, given the fact he’s a really good boy. My technique for fixing a “broken animal” is lots and lots and lots of love. Hugs and kisses at every possible opportunity. Zero corporal punishment. A loving, stable home.
- We’re thinking of taking a page from the Wes Blackman playbook and starting up a talk radio segment. An hour a week, discussing topics of interest (see hiney, cute).
- And thanks to the commenter regarding the notion of “Claims of Ignorance”. I think that’s a new segment for Festivus, comes right after the Airing of Grievances!
The strength of MAOS comes from our community of ass-kicking, ball-busting activists. Please, chip in to help us expand the reach of our activist base by building the next generation media and organizing platform.
MAOS is a very costly and resource intensive operation. Our staff contributes hundreds of hours per month, digging into stories that other news sources find too difficult. We search for tales with "moral clarity." Our team strives to make our community a better place, for all that live here.
Contributions to MAOS are not tax deductible for federal income tax purposes. Donations are securely processed thru PayPal and will remain anonymous.
If you're reading, chances are we helped clean up your community. Now show your appreciation, or you'll go to hell.
We value your privacy and anonymity. We'll never disclose, share, or sell your information.
Portions may be copyright © 2013 Chaz Stevens. All rights reserved. MAOS is a sponsored blog.