An anonymous tipster forwarded MAOS a copy of the unreleased City of Hallandale Beach Forensic Audit (download).
Note to the media: kindly cite your source (aka MAOS).
Started nearly a year and a half ago, the review was “in response to a growing chorus of demands for greater transparency.” Focused on the city’s Community Redevelopment Agency, the audit took a hard look at former City Manager Mike Good.
Teaser alert: It ain’t look good for Good.
Rising up against the need for a forensic audit, Mayor Joy Cooper indicated the following to the Sun-Sentinel,
“I frankly don’t believe we need a forensic audit,” she said. “It is my belief that there was no fraud. I have been in this city for over 11 years, and I have never seen a staff work so hard with so much dedication.”
Additionally, maker of the original US Flag, Commissioner Betsy … er … Dotty Ross voted against both measures, believing enough safeguards were in place. Again, from the Sun-Sentinel article:
“How much more transparent can we really be?”
Suggestion: Anything greater that zero would be a good start.
So, let’s see. Who had it right? Commissioner Keith London or Cooper?
- Scads of developer agreements are missing. Round goes to London.
- Supporting real estate documentation is also MIA. Another round for Pony Tail. The public also takes a hit here.
- 40 acquired properties are missing paperwork (ownership, liens, tax information). Starting to look really bad for Cooper.
- Missing site visits. Who knows — maybe they were all out with Cooper having buy one margarita, get seven free. Two point safety against Team Ross.
- No reviews by the City Manager (Good) or City Attorney.
- Selling of land without prior Commission approval. Big ticket items. As in $200,000 worth of ticket. WTF? Is this For Sale, By Good?
- Loans are all sorts of f***ed up. Perhaps this is Cooper’s idea of “staff dedication.”
- Speaking of f***ed up, we’ll include the Small Business Loan program in that category.
Advertise with Us
Want to get in on local advertising? We work with small to large businesses – as well as bloggers – providing cost effective marketing.Partner with us!
Web Development is our business.
zProduction.com is a full-service digital shop built on a foundation of e-commerce, front end design, and web development outfit.We would like to learn about yours.