August 21, 2012 1:16 pm
Broward Office of Inspector General
Hey Mr. Mee;
I just read in the Sun-Sentinel your boss, Mr. John Scott, indicated your office “doesn’t have enough complaints.”
I’ve put together the following list for Lauderdale Lakes. Will you kindly review and let me know which of these matters are currently NOT under investigation, so I can compose and file a complaint.
- The WM no-bid contract in 2010.
- The WM extension issue with the 428k.
- DSI- started free then received two no-bid contracts.
- Continued use of restricted cash. Recommendations in OIG report- change practices, good financial reports, and hire internal auditor (answers- no, none, no).
- Other contracts awarded- afor example- brought in help for financial reports the last two years (still took 9 months to finish). Firms related to HCT? Makes it a lot easier for HCT.
- HCT’s performance. Awarding extension(s) to the contract for 2012/2013.
- How 2009 HCT contract was awarded- the fee was higher than the firm that ended up #2- more points based on community involvement. Auditors- community involvement? Both firms from Hollywood not from LL.
Also, I intend to file some complaints involving the cities of Pompano Beach and Deerfield Beach.•••
The strength of MAOS comes from our community of ass-kicking, ball-busting activists. Please, chip in to help us expand the reach of our activist base by building the next generation media and organizing platform.
MAOS is a very costly and resource intensive operation. Our staff contributes hundreds of hours per month, digging into stories that other news sources find too difficult. We search for tales with "moral clarity." Our team strives to make our community a better place, for all that live here.
Contributions to MAOS are not tax deductible for federal income tax purposes. Donations are securely processed thru PayPal and will remain anonymous.
If you're reading, chances are we helped clean up your community. Now show your appreciation, or you'll go to hell.
We value your privacy and anonymity. We'll never disclose, share, or sell your information.
Portions may be copyright © 2013 Chaz Stevens. All rights reserved. MAOS is a sponsored blog.