August 27, 2012 2:45 pm
To: Bertha Henry, Broward County
Madam County Administrator;
Good day to you.
I am tracking down a story lead regarding the possibility of a relative of yours finding employment with the county. Here’s what I’ve been told (all unconfirmed at this moment):
- This job, a recent hire, was with the Transit Department. Perhaps Assistant Transit Director.
- It was your niece who was hired.
- This job was not properly advertised.
Therefore, I’d ask that you’d revert back to this email, confirming or denying the previous statements.
And the following is a request for public information.
- All applications and resumes received for the position filled by your niece.
- All internal and external advertisements posted for that job.
- Any documentation used to qualify/score the applicants.
- Copy of Broward’s policy regarding nepotism.
- Copies of emails between yourself and the Transit Director regarding the hiring of your niece.
The strength of MAOS comes from our community of ass-kicking, ball-busting activists. Please, chip in to help us expand the reach of our activist base by building the next generation media and organizing platform.
MAOS is a very costly and resource intensive operation. Our staff contributes hundreds of hours per month, digging into stories that other news sources find too difficult. We search for tales with "moral clarity." Our team strives to make our community a better place, for all that live here.
Contributions to MAOS are not tax deductible for federal income tax purposes. Donations are securely processed thru PayPal and will remain anonymous.
If you're reading, chances are we helped clean up your community. Now show your appreciation, or you'll go to hell.
We value your privacy and anonymity. We'll never disclose, share, or sell your information.
Portions may be copyright © 2013 Chaz Stevens. All rights reserved. MAOS is a sponsored blog.