Each year, millions of sharks are killed for just one reason: their fins.
Shark finning is the cruel and wasteful practice of hacking off fins from live sharks, tossing the dead or dying animal overboard. Global demand for shark fin soup has pushed several shark populations to the brink of collapse.
The good news is that the Senate is poised to take action on a bill, the Shark Conservation Act, that would end shark finning in U.S. waters and make us world leaders in shark conservation.
Sharks have been swimming in the world’s oceans for more than 400 million years. While sharks have been able to survive periods of global mass extinctions, they have not evolved to withstand destructive fishing practices. The result of these cruel and unsustainable practices is dramatic: over the past 35 years, some populations of sharks have declined by 99%.
Citizen activists helped the Shark Conservation Act pass the House of Representatives. With another strong showing of support we can pass this bill through the Senate. Please take action today.
– The Change.org team in partnership with Oceana
BOCA.DENTIST available now! Get it today!
- There are over 2 million dentists working in the world, and many rely on technology to operate a successful practice.
- From finding patients online, to providing patient information portals, the importance of a visible, functional, and market-specific can’t be understated.
- BOCA.DENTIST provides the perfect TLD option for dental practices, and is a relevant, targeted domain extension option made explicitly for the dental world.
- Use BOCA.DENTIST to help better connect with current and new patients.
Interested in buying this domain? Drop us a line and let's see if we can take your business to the next level.
Tips and Public Leads
Please use this website to report suspected corrupt or criminal activity. Due to the high volume of information that we receive, we are unable to reply to every submission; however, we appreciate the information that you have provided.Submit an anonymous tip.