The downfall of Sylvia Poitier’s nearly four decade career as a crooked politician all began because of PERC.
Dry cleaning is any cleaning process for clothing and textiles using a chemical solvent other than water. The solvent used is typically tetrachloroethylene (perchloroethylene), abbreviated “perc” in the industry and “dry-cleaning fluid” by the public. It is often used instead of hand washing delicate fabrics, which can be excessively laborious.
Some of the side effects of exposure to PERC include:
- increased risk of some types of cancer and reproductive effects among workers
- increased risks of spontaneous abortion
- menstrual and sperm disorders
- and reduced fertility
Poitier’s unlicensed dry-cleaning business (a decade of never paying any property tax) located at 85 W. Hillsboro Blvd is right next to my chiropractor.
When I learned that the Florida Department of Environmental Protection was investigating Poitier for dumping PERC into the ground table, I was concerned that I’d get my back cracked and my sperm nuked. So I wrote to the folks in Tallahassee, obtained the investigative file, and created the following video collage of pictures taken at Poitier’s facility.
This is the care and consideration shown to the people of Deerfield Beach by a then sitting Commissioner.
In the end, Sylvia and her daughter Felecia Poitier were fined in excess of $60,000 for their transgressions. To date, they’ve not repaid a single cent.
There is good news though.
Tallahassee recently had BSO deliver a service of process to Poitier. Guess she’ll be going back to court for that also — further extending her legacy.
So, if you are wondering how PERC led to the downfall of Poitier, it was because of that 600 page file I received from DEP. Buried inside was Poitier’s financial statement where she disclosed a $70,000 loan to brother Lionel Ferguson. The same brother who gave that loan to the WDBA.
So, as they say, one thing led to another.
BOCA.DENTIST available now! Get it today!
- There are over 2 million dentists working in the world, and many rely on technology to operate a successful practice.
- From finding patients online, to providing patient information portals, the importance of a visible, functional, and market-specific can’t be understated.
- BOCA.DENTIST provides the perfect TLD option for dental practices, and is a relevant, targeted domain extension option made explicitly for the dental world.
- Use BOCA.DENTIST to help better connect with current and new patients.
Interested in buying this domain? Drop us a line and let's see if we can take your business to the next level.
Tips and Public Leads
Please use this website to report suspected corrupt or criminal activity. Due to the high volume of information that we receive, we are unable to reply to every submission; however, we appreciate the information that you have provided.Submit an anonymous tip.