EXECUTIVE SUMMARY[cleeng_content id=”758444546″ description=”Why stop now? It’s just getting interesting!” price=”0.99″ referral=”0.10″]On November 15, 2011, the Office of Inspector General (OIG) received a complaint regarding the City of Riviera Beach (the City), which identified the following two issues:
- The City failed to properly bill Kindred Hospital The Palm Beaches (the Hospital) for water services, resulting in a loss of revenue to the City.
- The City hired Consulting Engineer Lal Samadi without a competitive procurement process.
The OIG’s review found that between October 2008 and November 2011 the City, through a series of miscommunications, did not bill the Hospital for water services.
Based on an average of the two most recent bills (December 2011 and January 2012), the City’s lost revenue for the aforementioned 38 months of water service to the Hospital was approximately $60,022.52.
The OIG’s review also found that between February 2008 and May 2011,1 Mr. Samadi was paid a total of $576,200.00 by the City for professional engineering services that were not competitively procured in accordance with Florida Statutes, Consultants’ Competitive Negotiation Act (CCNA), and City Code.
Download OIG Report[/cleeng_content]
BOCA.DENTIST available now! Get it today!
- There are over 2 million dentists working in the world, and many rely on technology to operate a successful practice.
- From finding patients online, to providing patient information portals, the importance of a visible, functional, and market-specific can’t be understated.
- BOCA.DENTIST provides the perfect TLD option for dental practices, and is a relevant, targeted domain extension option made explicitly for the dental world.
- Use BOCA.DENTIST to help better connect with current and new patients.
Interested in buying this domain? Drop us a line and let's see if we can take your business to the next level.
Tips and Public Leads
Please use this website to report suspected corrupt or criminal activity. Due to the high volume of information that we receive, we are unable to reply to every submission; however, we appreciate the information that you have provided.Submit an anonymous tip.