10 Jun Question everthing.
With all of the hard choices and tough decisions facing those in charge of Lauderdale Lakes, MAOS puts forward the following questions.
[cleeng_content id=”360115931″ description=”Why stop now? It’s just getting interesting!” price=”0.99″ referral=”0.10″]You have five minutes to answer.
1) The Broward OIG found :JA: guilty of bid tampering and suggested the Commission consider appropriate administrative action to address his misconduct, for which the Commission did nothing.
Question: Was this an appropriate response? If not, then what would you have done differently?
2) The City, first under Anita Fain-Taylor and now Allen, has improperly used Special Assessment and restricted-usage funds. In addition to maximizing the millage rate, the City also questionably and dramatically increase the following fees: Stormwater by 160%, Fire by 25%, and Solid Waste by 3%.
Question: As Allen’s boss, what guidance would you provide?
3) A significant cause of the City’s current and future financial difficulty is the onerous BSO contract, and the merger of districts and accompanying loss of service has not fixed the problem.
Question: How suggestions do you have?
4) Nearly every city department has incurred sizable cuts, except for Parks.
Question: What are your plans regarding its future?
5) In addition to numerous lay-offs, every employee including the City Commission has taken a 10% pay cut except for Allen and :ME:.
Question: What is your reaction to this?[/cleeng_content]