So what does Deerfield’s Pastor Anthony Davis (currently under an MAOS launched DOJ investigation) and the Black Broward Elected Officials (criminally and anally probed by the State) have in common? Well, besides the obvious answer of being thug-a-licious?[cleeng_content id=”593520453″ description=”Why stop now? It’s just getting interesting!” price=”0.99″ referral=”0.10″]They both have used the services of :RH: of :HCT:.
Now, next question … what do :RH2: and :JA: have in common? Well, besides being in a political threesome with :EH:, that is…
Both have been alleged in a complaint to have …
Engaged in an organized scheme to defraud the public by intentionally withholding the city’s actual cash balance in order to further their mutual vested financial interest.
Peaked your curiosity?
Good! Then read on …
Saturday, August 11, 2012
David W. Martin, CPA
State of Florida Auditor General
Claude Pepper Building
111 West Madison Street
Tallahassee, FL 32399-1450
MAOS / The Broward Post
Sent via: email, fax, and FedEx overnight.
RE: FY 2011 Financial Statements of the City of Lauderdale Lakes and the 2011 Audited Financial Statements by the firm Harvey, Covington & Thomas, LLC
After an exhaustive nine-month investigation into Lauderdale Lakes’ rapidly deteriorating financial condition, I believe both City Manager Jonathan Allen and Rod Harvey, CPA have engaged in an organized scheme to defraud the public by intentionally withholding the city’s actual cash balance.
Long-time friends, those individuals would appear to have a mutual vested financial interest in the curtailing of such information.
From my painstaking audit review, I noted cash “due to/from”:
- p. 17: Governmental Funds ($2.9M in loans)
- p. 21: Proprietary Funds
- p. 51: Non-major Governmental Funds
“Cash and cash equivalents” fund amounts including:
- Proprietary Funds: $1,692,976
- Total Pooled Cash: $1,726,312
- Total Investments: $37,005
- Governmental Funds: $33,336
Supposedly insolvent, the following loans were made:
- General Fund: ($4.8M) deficit / $1.4M loan
- Fire Fund: ($1.7M) deficit / $511,490 loan
Other restricted-usage fund loans listed:
- 2005 Bond Construction Fund: $646,128
- CDBG Minor Home Repair Fund: $206,987
- Transportation Gas Tax Fund: $72,396
- Law Enforcement Fund: $25,444
All together, these loans exceeded the FY11 Ending Total Pooled Cash balance; of which there were two different reported balances:
- 2011 Audited Financial Statement: $1,726,312
- City’s accounting system: $1,433,788
As the audit clearly fails to identify the actual cash balance, it therefore does not meet Governmental Accounting Standards Board and Generally Accepted Accounting Practices disclosure requirements.
Given all this, I request an investigation of Harvey, Covington, and Thomas, LLC.
MAOS / The Broward Post
Broward County Commission
Lauderdale Lakes City Commission
Broward Office of Inspector General
Broward State Attorney’s Office
State of Florida Legislative Auditing Committee
Florida Department of Financial Services
Binder – HCT – Collusion – Martin[/cleeng_content]
BOCA.DENTIST available now! Get it today!
- There are over 2 million dentists working in the world, and many rely on technology to operate a successful practice.
- From finding patients online, to providing patient information portals, the importance of a visible, functional, and market-specific can’t be understated.
- BOCA.DENTIST provides the perfect TLD option for dental practices, and is a relevant, targeted domain extension option made explicitly for the dental world.
- Use BOCA.DENTIST to help better connect with current and new patients.
Interested in buying this domain? Drop us a line and let's see if we can take your business to the next level.
Tips and Public Leads
Please use this website to report suspected corrupt or criminal activity. Due to the high volume of information that we receive, we are unable to reply to every submission; however, we appreciate the information that you have provided.Submit an anonymous tip.