We have been reviewing the Lauderdale Lakes FY 2012 Financial Reports prepared by the crack aces :JA: and his trusted sidekick :ME:.
Remember these are new and improved Financial Reports that have also been provided to Broward County.
For the past year, we’ve reported about deficit fund balances and the misuse of restricted cash.
With the August 2012 Financial Report just coming available, we examined, for the previous year, the monthly cash balance using the following simple calculation:
- General Fund Revenue YTD
- Minus Expenses YTD
- Gives us a cash balance
And by the way folks, this brought forward cash balance never changes.
Well, unless you’re spewing out nonsense on your solar powered Hello Kitty calculator.
Without further adieu, here’s the B/F Cash Balance from FY 2011 for the General Fund as calculated by Elianor and Hello Kitty:
- Dec 2011- $2,425,828
- Jan 2012 – $2,024,235
- Feb 2012- $1,180,610
- Mar 2012- $1,815,199
- April 2012- $1,034,632
- May 2012- $114,259
- June 2012- $977,098
- July 2012- $1,391,962
- Aug 2012- $253,838
WTF? Really? No really, WTF?
The B/F Cash balance, from a fixed point in time, ranges from a low of $114,259, to a high of $2,425,828.
$2.3M in variances, on a number that does not change.
How the f*** is that possible?
Let me put it to you another way.
Think back to March 1, 2012. At the end of the day, in your checking account, you find $1769.23 in the bank.
Now move forward six months. According to Elianor, you now have $2,425,828 in the same account. On the same day. It’s as if history can be rewritten in Lauderdale Lakes.
That’s some Monopoly bank error in your favor.
Turning to staff for their opinion, we were told:
- Does the word clueless strike a chord?
- Not balancing pooled cash again- do not know where are at?
- Purposely misleading?
- Voting closes at midnight tomorrow night.
And remember the entire “pooled cash” balance for the entire City was $1.4m on Oct 1, 2011 (not just the General Fund) as shown on the attached report provided by the City.
Lauderdale Lakes 2012 Financial Reports[/cleeng_content]
BOCA.DENTIST available now! Get it today!
- There are over 2 million dentists working in the world, and many rely on technology to operate a successful practice.
- From finding patients online, to providing patient information portals, the importance of a visible, functional, and market-specific can’t be understated.
- BOCA.DENTIST provides the perfect TLD option for dental practices, and is a relevant, targeted domain extension option made explicitly for the dental world.
- Use BOCA.DENTIST to help better connect with current and new patients.
Interested in buying this domain? Drop us a line and let's see if we can take your business to the next level.
Tips and Public Leads
Please use this website to report suspected corrupt or criminal activity. Due to the high volume of information that we receive, we are unable to reply to every submission; however, we appreciate the information that you have provided.Submit an anonymous tip.