06 Dec Powers Distributing Blog: How to Build a Festivus Pole out of Beer Cans
If you’ve never watched Seinfeld, you’re probably wondering what the heck Festivus is. Here’s a quick run down:
If you like the idea of replacing whatever holiday you celebrate in December with Festivus, you’re going to need a Festivus pole like the one this guy made in Florida:
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 23 empty 12oz Miller Lite cans (plus one full one for you to drink while building it)
- 1 two foot 2×4 piece of wood
- 2 ten inch 2/4 pieces of wood
- Nail gun
- Wood glue
- Super glue
- First, make the base. Apply wood glue to one edge of each of the 10 inch long pieces of wood. Glue to the sides of the 2 foot piece of wood right in the middle to make a perfect X. Use your nail gun to secure the wood in place.
- Next, glue your first can to the base with the super glue. Continue to stack and glue the remaining cans. You might need a ladder – your pole should be about eight feet tall.
- Let the glue dry.
- Put your Festivus pole out for all to see!